If you missed the last Chamber Business After Hours, be sure to save the date for the next one: Wednesday, June 6. It will be at the EdwardJones office on Main Street in Goffstown. We just ask you to please RSVP so we can better plan. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or register today at
This is a great opportunity to meet our new members, network and socialize. We’ve been busy adding new members, and are pleased to welcome:
- Lisa Brackett of Keller Williams Metropolitan
- Keith Gentili of the New Boston Beacon
- JD Gargano of the Curious Frog
- Hossein Vaez of Goffstown Dental Associates
- Kim Martin of Century21/Homes of New England
Looking for a supplier or service for your business or personal needs? Please check out our members first! The complete Member Directory can be accessed by the link above or here.
Tell us about it!
MEMBERS: Is your business holding a special promotion? Did you hire someone recently? Add a service? If so, share your news with our members. Click here to submit photos and news of your business.
Mary Ann Chapman, owner
Why are you in this business?
I love it. I love helping people figure out what they need and helping people who do t know what they might need.
How long have you been in business?
Over 20 years at different agencies
What makes your business different?
You’re not just a policy number with me, you’re a friend. I work with you to make sure you get the best prices for exactly what you need and make sure you’re not paying for anything you don’t need.
Call Mary Ann today for your all your insurance needs. 603-673-4500, or email her at email@example.com
Chamber events/Members’ News
- Spring is here: Protect yourself! As the days get warmer and you start thinking about yard sales and vacations, take a moment to make sure you are protecting yourself against the most unwelcome of visitors: Bed bugs. These little critters don’t care how nice your home is or how much money you have in the bank, they are just looking for ...
- Lisa Brackett adds new listing New listing in Weare added by KW Realty
- New businesses turn out for April event Welcome! It was great seeing so many new faces at the April 3 event at Allison Hope Photography in New Boston. Welcome Lisa Brackett of Keller Williams Metropolitan, Keith Gentili of the New Boston Beacon and Kim Martin of Homes of NH/Century 21. Check back soon for details from the next event.
Grow Your Business
- One wrong click and it’s curtains “Click here to have your company’s computer system compromised!” If only spearphishing schemes were this easy to spot. Train your staff to identify computer attacks and scams with the new security awareness course from BIA’s E-learning Accelerator. Only $15 an employee! One fake email, Facebook post, or hidden attachment can lead to financial theft, customer ...
- SCORE WORKSHOP: Tax Basics for Small Business Owners Learn how to tackle your taxes from our friends at Melanson Heath. The tax experts will cover an overview of both federal and NH taxes, why entity selection matters, how to keep good books, what’s deductible, and how crossing state lines can impact your taxes. The workshop will be held June 12 at 6 p.m. ...
- SCORE WORKSHOP: Business Valuation Do you know what your company is worth? Do you know how to add value to it? Or how to figure out the value of a business you may be interested in buying? Let our partners at Melanson Heath help you figure out ways to both add value and also determine value in this important ...
- How To Raise Your Prices Without Losing Customers Here are 5 tips for increasing prices without inspiring rage. CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE
- 9 Self-Employment Pitfalls And How To Avoid Them Self-employeds are a special breed. We are confident risk-takers; we love a challenge; we have passion for what we do; we cannot imagine ever going or returning to a job in which we make someone else rich and in which we do not have complete control over our work life. And we live in a ...
- BIA Releases 2017 Legislative Scorecard The Business and Industry Association, New Hampshire’s statewide chamber of commerce, has released its nonpartisan 2017 Legislative Scorecard and Victories & Defeats for NH Businesses. The annual document tracks and reports lawmakers’ publicly recorded roll call votes on issues that are important to New Hampshire businesses. Legislators with high scores are considered a “Friend of Business”; ...
- Workshop: How to kick the drug problem in your office From the BIA: What can you do if an employee is suspected of opioid abuse? Does a worker in a 12-step program have more legal protections than one who isn’t? Learn the answers at the Employers’ Guide to Opioids in the Workplace presented by Tufts Health Freedom Plan, Sept 27 at the Sheraton Harborside Portsmouth.
- Learn about opportunities with federal trade agencies Please join The New England Council and BIA to learn about federal resources available to businesses interested in increasing exports and accessing and investing in foreign markets. This free Sept 7 event in Boston will feature representatives of several key agencies who support US trade activity.
- BIA: Sign up for job fairs Major job fairs planned for Nashua and Concord – Jump start your recruitment efforts at the Job & Resource Fairs Sept 7 in Nashua and Sept 21 in Concord. The Manchester event drew more than 1,000 people for employers to meet. Email to sign your business up for this valuable workforce development event.
- No more days out of the office for continuing education Don’t send your employees to expensive, daylong seminars to get their continuing education or professional development credits. BIA now offers its E-learning Accelerator, an online portal where learners can earn CEUs, PDUs, & CPEs at their own pace. There are over 130 courses to choose from, starting at $49. Content areas include Leadership, Finance, Operations, ...
There is no better time than now to join or renew your Chamber membership. Membership fees are just $100 annually for businesses, or $75 for nonprofits. To join, fill out the Membership form and submit it. If you do not wish to pay online, there is an option to mail a check.
According to the BIA: Chamber membership boosts reputation
Did You Know: businesses that belong to a chamber of commerce enjoy a bump in their reputation of up to 68%? A Schapiro Group study also finds businesses that advertise on chamber websites & newsletters see a 157% increase in clicks. The TriTown Chamber is a member of the BIA, which is the state’s Chamber of Commerce. As such, each member of the TriTown Chamber has access to the BIA and all of its benefits. For more from the BIA , click here.