BEWARE: Warning from the Goffstown School District
The State Attorney General’s office is investigating whether a sales and marketing company is using deceptive tactics to solicit ads from local businesses. To read the letter from the AG’s office and see examples of the products they are selling, please click here.
Special free holiday Business After Hours
Join us at the next Business After Hours, which will be held Dec. 6 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the old Weare Town Hall. This will be a special holiday event. In lieu of payment, we are asking everyone to bring an unwrapped gift for Toys for Tots and a canned good for the local food pantry. Remember members, you can bring your staff with you, or clients!
The event is free, but we ask that you please RSVP today so we can plan for the food for the evening.
Bring plenty of business cards to share, and one for our raffle.
Also, if you would like to donate an item, service or gift certificate, just bring it with you and let us know when you check in. All our door prizes come from our members. It’s a great way to share your business! For more information and to register, just fill out the form below.
According to the BIA: Chamber membership boosts reputation
Did You Know: businesses that belong to a chamber of commerce enjoy a bump in their reputation of up to 68%? A Schapiro Group study also finds businesses that advertise on chamber websites & newsletters see a 157% increase in clicks. The TriTown Chamber is a member of the BIA, which is the state’s Chamber of Commerce. As such, each member of the TriTown Chamber has access to the BIA and all of its benefits. For more from the BIA , click here.
Grow Your Business
- Looking for skilled employees? Start with your own The NH Job Training Fund is a $1M matching grant program to enhance worker skills and improve NH’s economic development. Click to learn how to take advantage of this resource.
- SCORE training: Financial Fundamentals When: Saturday, Nov. 18 at 9:30 a.m. Where: Rivier University, Sylvia Trottier Hall, Room 230, Clement Street, Nashua, NH, 03060 What: Every small business owner needs to understand basic financial fundamentals: from cash flow to the principle statements used to review and analyze your profitability. If you’ve been wondering what your numbers mean, SCORE Mentors Geoff Geoffrion and Dick VerEecke will review ...
- SBA Training: Focus on Customer Service From the SBA: This self-paced training exercise is an introduction to customer service and how it impacts your business. Topics include: Defining what good customer service is, implementing good customer service, and how to improve customer service. Click here.
- Crime Prevention Guide for Small Businesses From the SBA: This free, 30-minute course is directed to small business owners who are concerned about crimes within and around their businesses. This module will help you become aware of how crime can affect your firm and suggest ways to help prevent it. Click here.
- SCORE: Financing Your Business Fall 2017 Oct. 14, 9:30 a.m.: Learn how to acquire the level of financing your business will need and identify sources of funding. Plus, you will be able to meet lenders and ask what they look for in a loan application. If you are ready to grow your business, this workshop is for you! Click here for ...
- BIA Releases 2017 Legislative Scorecard The Business and Industry Association, New Hampshire’s statewide chamber of commerce, has released its nonpartisan 2017 Legislative Scorecard and Victories & Defeats for NH Businesses. The annual document tracks and reports lawmakers’ publicly recorded roll call votes on issues that are important to New Hampshire businesses. Legislators with high scores are considered a “Friend of Business”; ...
- Workshop: How to kick the drug problem in your office From the BIA: What can you do if an employee is suspected of opioid abuse? Does a worker in a 12-step program have more legal protections than one who isn’t? Learn the answers at the Employers’ Guide to Opioids in the Workplace presented by Tufts Health Freedom Plan, Sept 27 at the Sheraton Harborside Portsmouth.
- Learn about opportunities with federal trade agencies Please join The New England Council and BIA to learn about federal resources available to businesses interested in increasing exports and accessing and investing in foreign markets. This free Sept 7 event in Boston will feature representatives of several key agencies who support US trade activity.
- BIA: Sign up for job fairs Major job fairs planned for Nashua and Concord – Jump start your recruitment efforts at the Job & Resource Fairs Sept 7 in Nashua and Sept 21 in Concord. The Manchester event drew more than 1,000 people for employers to meet. Email to sign your business up for this valuable workforce development event.
- No more days out of the office for continuing education Don’t send your employees to expensive, daylong seminars to get their continuing education or professional development credits. BIA now offers its E-learning Accelerator, an online portal where learners can earn CEUs, PDUs, & CPEs at their own pace. There are over 130 courses to choose from, starting at $49. Content areas include Leadership, Finance, Operations, ...
There is no better time than now to join or renew your Chamber membership. Membership fees are just $100 annually for businesses, or $75 for nonprofits. To join, fill out the Membership form and submit it. If you do not wish to pay online, there is an option to mail a check.
- Special Holiday Event: Dec. 6, 2017 Members and guests: Please join us at our holiday-themed FREE Business After Hours. We have a special night planned for our members and guests. The guest speaker will be a representative from the Toys for Tots program. In lieu of payment, we ask that you bring an unwrapped toy to donate for the Toys for Tots program and ...
- Chiggy’s October 2017 Wow, what a great night! Thanks to everyone who joined us at the Business After Hours event on Oct. 11 at Chiggy’s Restaurant in Pinardville. The food was great, and our guest speaker Tom Osgood from the Merrimack Valley SCORE shared some very useful information.
- Stonebridge Country Club June 2017 Thanks to everyone who made the Business After Hours a Success! Thank you to all who joined us for an evening of networking and socializing. We are especially thankful to Stonebridge, our hosts, for the wonderful appetizers and beautiful space to meet. Thanks also goes to Amanda Savage from the Business and Industry Association who joined ...